cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCX624S web config doesn't show menu, only front panel

adam_pascoe
New Contributor II
Evening all, I'm hoping you can help me out.  I've spent a good 4 or 5 hours trying to google my way out of this one, but I haven't gotten anywhere.

I have a Brocade FastIron FCX624S I just picked up that is giving me some trouble.  The first order of business was to reset it to factory settings.  From there I was able to get the web-config up and running.  After playing around for a bit I decided to get it up to the latest supported firmware (8.10, coming from 7.x).

Now when I log in to the web-config portal it pushes me right to the front-panel GUI. This guy: http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.30/fastiron-08030-webguide/GUID-7E5A62AE-C3D8-4C23-8998...  but without the menu on the left.  Clicking on the ports doesn't do anything.  The only button/link I have is the "logout" option, which sends me back to the initial page.

At this point the only thing I have connected is the management port on the back, set up via DHCP.

I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid/missing something easy...  So I appreciate your help.

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

BenBeck
Hey Adam, 

There is no web GUI functionality in 8010. It was temporarily taken out of FastIron altogether a few years ago. If you upgrade to 8030 (recommend 8030s/8030sa), you will be able to use the web GUI again. 
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

adam_pascoe
New Contributor II
Awesome.  Thanks for the input Ben.  I'll throw 8030 at it and see what sticks.  You guys rock.