cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade loop protect issues

martin_fox_ks33
New Contributor II
Would it be possible for Ruckus to implement a similar loop protect to HP please? This seems to be work on a mac address level - which we prefer to doing it on every vlan. This causes a lot of extra traffic and causes switch management drop out across our network. It has been suggested to create one vlan for loop protect - which is a problem for us as we use Bradford Campus Manager for vlan switching. Also from a security point of view we wouldn't want this.
6 REPLIES 6

I do agree with Martin. Coming from years of using HP switches, there are some things that Ruckus ICX switches seem to make overly complicated. I'll state for the record these things are rock solid and once they're set up they just work, but Ruckus could learn a thing or two from the ease of managing and initial setup of HP Procurves. 

That said, I was able to get loop detection to work on the ICX switch and it is acceptable. 

We have a large network with many vlans - so the Brocade loop protect on vlan causes a lot of packets across the network. This slows down some HP switch management and the management on the Brocade 7150s plus we get dropouts on the other Brocades when monitoring them. We did prove it this by doing a mac filter to stop these packets however it overloads the switch doing that.