cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full fill AP SSID member of AP ruckus master (Create controller in ruckus AP without device controller)

frans_yogie
New Contributor II
[ASK] Hello, i'm newbie in ruckus. I want to ask where i can fill the field of SSID Member Accessc point (Access point SSID member which connect to master AP) Thankyou before 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
After you configure the first Unleashed AP, which becomes Master AP, the other APs will automatically be recognized, upgraded (if needed), and configured with the SSIDs you
created on the Master AP.  Is this helpful?

frans_yogie
New Contributor II
Thankyou so much michael brado for answer me, it's so helpfull, and i have one more question,sorry before :).

I have configured RUCKUS UNLEASHED as a Master and 3 RUCKUS  as Member has joined with the master, in Master i have 4 SSID, such as KEU, HOT9 etc, the problem is  SSID in MASTER AP  was broadcast to each 3 Ruckus member, thankyou so much before 😄
Image_ images_messages_5f91c425135b77e24798849e_bc22fba20041c4e3e92ebb20d6084ee9_RackMultipart20160418388821i7v-4c755f6d-3432-4e5e-b0a2-8747b4b61646-714902604.PNG1460971086

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Yes, make all configuration thru the Master AP, and yes, all WLANs will be broadcast/supported by all Unleashed APs.

There is no concept of smaller AP groups in this version of Unleashed, but might be a viable feature request.

Thank you so much before michael for answered me. Ok,finally, we have decided to buy a controller, means hardware controller such as ZoneDirector 5000 etc. With those controller, the unleashed Master AP doesn't have to broadcast member SSID which is has joined with the Master AP, isn't ? pardon me with my english 😄