cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YIKES! AP System Default configuration error: All APS offline

dm-eagle
New Contributor

I made the mistake of changing the VLAN on the PoE port of all my r500 APs. They are now all offline. What are my recovery options w/o having to touch every AP?  

2 REPLIES 2

pretzelchomp
New Contributor

If you have the ability to run network-level scripts or commands on your switches or routers, you may be able to automate the VLAN changes. This option is more advanced and should be approached with caution. Ensure that you have a backup of your network configuration before attempting any scripting.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @dm-eagle,

Please confirm more details like if this is a ZD or SZ solution and what is the AP management VLAN setting on controller.

Usually you can tune your SW port VLAN configuration to match with AP VLAN (the one you have configured by mistake as management VLAN), if all goes well, APs should be able to reach the network.

If nothing works, you may have to factory reset the APs to default and let them get the new IP as per configured VLAN on SW and controller's AP management VLAN section.

Please note, it is very important that your SW and router is configured properly to support the VLAN.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn