cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct power for the R650 and R550?

bdillard
Contributor II

I"ve tried 3 types of switches all will 30watts per port and in the unleashed web interface it indicates it isn't getting enough power.  I've tried 2 30watt POE injectors and it still shows the same issue.  I bought a 60 watt POE injector and the device just flashes a red LED light.

It looks like it draws 22 watts max according to the spec sheet and yet the poe injector they sell for it is 60watt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did doing that fix the power problem? Do the APs report that they’re getting 802.3at power now?

Wifi speed issues won’t be related to how much power the AP is being supplied. Have you run a scanner to make sure there isn’t interference from other devices in the area?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Squozen
Contributor II

Set your switch ports to 802.3at instead of auto. 

Thanks - I've done that.  I just wasn't sure if I needed more power as my speeds vary from 100 to 800mbps - I haven't found the reason for it yet so I'm just taking a stab at it.  

Correction - I don't change the switch ports as I'm currently on an injector but I have changed the power setting in the ruckus to tell it to set it at 802.3AT

AP - Edit - other - POE Operating mode

Did doing that fix the power problem? Do the APs report that they’re getting 802.3at power now?

Wifi speed issues won’t be related to how much power the AP is being supplied. Have you run a scanner to make sure there isn’t interference from other devices in the area?

Thanks - yes it shows fine.  I've documented EVERYTHING - AP config, SSID config, current wifi info with netspot.   Currently this weekend speed is good but I'll be able to add that netspot info and upload it somewhere where hopefully someone far more knowledgeable can tell me why it is so slow sometimes.   I'm varying from 800mbps to 100mbps on a single laptop that is the only device connected to the R650 (occassionally I have an ipad with words for friends connected but that doesn't have any impact on speed as I test).    I'm not changing the distance or location of the laptop or the AP during that test.