cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP WLAN with Ruckus GRE Tunnel

micron_support
New Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to tunnel VoIP over WLAN using the Ruckus GRE with a virtual Data-Plane. The DP is hosted in the cloud along with the PBX and controllers, all accessible via a VPLS connection. However cannot seem to get this working. When activating the tunnel, clients cannot see the network, effectively no network. Phones will work without the tunnel, but roaming often disconnects calls, hence why trying to tunnel

DP data interface is on the same subnet as the PBX.

Struggled to find any real good guides on setting up Ruckus GRE, and there doesn't appear to be much to it in terms of settings.

Any help appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

I think tunnel is flapping.

Current Session UpTime: 3 mins 6 secs

Current Keep Alive retry:0  sent:19  lost: 0

Keep Alive Average Round Trip Time: 0.002577 seconds

Number of tunnel (re)establishment: 12

FIPS mode: Disable

Reason on last re-establishment: can't connect to SCG-D

Suggested action: check connectivity between AP and SCG-D

Ipsec state : IPSEC_BEGIN

As per the get wlanlist output, voip WLAN is up on both the bands so clients should be able to see it, but if tunnel is flapping, tunneled WLAN will get disabled.

You can also check the SZ event logs for AP tunnel flaps.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi @syamantak_omer 

The tunnel looks flapping as I am enabling and disabling it to test with. If i leave it on, the wireless VoIP handsets don't work, so have to disable it to give them service.

Thanks

When activating the tunnel, clients cannot see the network, effectively no network. 

You have mentioned in the description that client is not even seeing the SSID, if that is the case, I don't see any problem on AP side because tunnel SSIDs are indeed broadcasting and that is only possible when tunnel is formed between AP to vDP.

Are you sure SSIDs are not visible to any clients, when tunnel is enabled? Could you take a OTA packet capture using the AP while a client try to connect to specific AP?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn