cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7111 wireless adapter connecting to Ubiquiti AP - possible?

julio_gutierrez
New Contributor II
Hello Forum!

I have one couple of old 7811 AP & 7111 adapter. Sadly, the AP is starting to fail after many years of good hard service. 

I have an Ubiquiti AC Lite AP in place so I was wondering whether the 7111 adapter could be linked up to that, replacing the good old 7811 by the Ubiquiti.

I tried it yesterday by just configuring the Ubiquiti SSID & passphrase in the 7111. It apparently went ok -- the 7111 showed all 4 LEDs on, but when I tried to e.g. ping from the laptop connected to the 7111 to anywhere in the internal network or the internet, I got a General Failure:

=========
C:\Users\xxx>ping 194.179.1.100
Pinging 194.179.1.100 with 32 bytes of data:
PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Ping statistics for 194.179.1.100:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
=========

I then even had to factory-reset the poor 7111 as I couldn't gain access to set things back to what they were. 🙂

So I guess I may be missing something obvious here, if it can be configured at all.

Anyone had experience with this? 

Thanks!

--
Julio.
1 REPLY 1

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The MediaFlex 7111 is a CPE for MediaFlex 7811 5G only APs, but you might be able to configure WLAN security to talk to another brand.
If you have performed a factory default of the 7111 (idented hole for 8+ seconds before release), it's default IP is 192.168.2.254 and the
login credentials are 'admin' and 'password'.