cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with wifi calling on iPhone/ATT -- do I need to change Ruckus settings?

rich47
New Contributor

I have poor cell coverage at my home. I enabled wifi calling on my iPhone 14 (ATT). Calls go through, but I regularly have problems like dropped calls, people on the other end unable to hear me, or I hear snippets of the other person is saying.  Sometimes, when a call drops, I have to reboot the iPhone just to be able to make another call.  Is it possible that there are some Ruckus settings I need to change to make this work better?  (I have multiple R510 unleashed aps on my network).

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Wordy068
New Contributor

Here are a few things you can try to fix Wi-Fi calling not working on your iPhone:-

1. Enabled Wi-Fi Calling:- Make sure Wi-Fi calling is turned on in your iPhone settings. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and check if the switch is green. [Make calls using Wi-Fi on iPhone - Apple Support]
2. Connected Wi-Fi:- Ensure you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi networks might not support Wi-Fi calling.
3. Carrier Support:- Not all carriers offer Wi-Fi calling, so verify if your carrier supports it. You might need to contact them to activate the feature on your plan.
4. Restart iPhone:- A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches.
5. Reset Network Settings:- This will reset all your Wi-Fi networks and passwords, along with cellular settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset Network Settings. Note: Make sure you have your Wi-Fi passwords handy before performing this reset.
6. Software Update:- Ensure your iPhone has the latest iOS update installed. Updates can sometimes include bug fixes for Wi-Fi calling.

Follow for further instruction below.

https://thegeekpage.com/wifi-calling-not-working-on-iphone-fix/

Hello @Wordy068 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We sincerely appreciate your acknowledgment of assistance and the valuable suggestions provided regarding this issue.

Should you have any further inquiries or require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community