cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New R500 Zoneflex setup running 200.1.9.12.62, iPhones andiPads cannot Join a (hidden SSID network. Windows, MacOS and Android devices can.

dan_martich
New Contributor II
New R500 Zoneflex setup running 200.1.9.12.62, iPhones and iPads cannot Join a closed (hidden SSID) network. Windows, MacOS and Android devices can. Please help!

Also using ACL for MAC address filtering.

When I unhide the SSID the iOS devices can join just fine.  One iOS device is running iOS 9.3.4 another is running 9.3.5
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Do these Apple devices connect to anybody else's wireless network when SSIDs are not broadcast? 

I don't know that Ruckus can help with this issue that appears to be vendor related.

dan_martich
New Contributor II
They do.  Including when I unhide the (hidden) network temporarily.  They can also join a non-Ruckus hidden network.  Not sure what to look into.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Unfortunately, to troubleshoot such an issue will require a wireless trace, a feature not in the Unleashed code.
Perhaps an Apple Air could collect the capture, to share with Tech Support for analysis.

This turned out to be a bug.  I am told that Ruckus engineers are working on a fix.