cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Surface with Windows RT cannot reach the captive portal page.

karel_decloedt
New Contributor II
I have a lot of people connecting with a MS Surface with Windows RT. Internet Explorer is unable to redirect to the captive portal. I tried to add the url to the trusted websites, but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
17 REPLIES 17

rob_coote
New Contributor III
That's correct, 8.1 RT has no workaround. You can't get any other browser on RT.

andrew_barker_6
New Contributor II
Anyone from Ruckus got an answer for this as we have over 90 RT devices that dont work because of this??

karel_decloedt
New Contributor II
Official Reply over here: https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

quote: "... Win 8.1 RT - Nothing to report yet. The workaround is using a separate WLAN with classic PSK. "

colin_sevier
New Contributor
When is the update coming out.. I seen "in December". This needs to get fixed.. captive portal not working at all..
Also having a problem with users losing authentication after going to sleep on Ipads. Now IOS 7 having issues with ZeroIT.. I'm losing faith in Ruckus FAST. Fix this already.. had to update to the newest firmware to even get IOS devices to be able to hit accept on the guest page. What is going on with the captive portal and authentication methods?I Why is it taking so long to get an update for this?? I know windows 8.1 and IE11 suck, but this is no excuse. What's the hold up??

ZoneDirector 3025 with 22 7372's

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
@Colin, I certainly understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the obvious pressure you are feeling. Some of what you're describing is a result of changes the client vendors have made that we then have to react to as we made design decisions based on the vendors then-current behavior. Our reaction to those changes takes time unfortunately and you're somewhat caught in the middle. There may be a workaround on the IOS issues, so please open a support case.

9.7 is still on track for mid-December, that's the best I can offer (without risking a contract hit on me)