cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the same download speed on my mobile when connected to R300 and a Dlink AP costing 1/10 th of R300 cost . so what;s the difference?

shrenik_jain_72
New Contributor II
I got the same download speed on my mobile when connected to R300 an a Dlink AP costing 1/10 th of R300 cost . So does It means that Ruckus can be sold in locations with high density
2 REPLIES 2

jim_michael
Contributor
Uh, what were you actually testing? Were you going to the Internet (like speed test.net) or were you going to a local resource behind the APs (like a file share?) if you were doing an Internet speed test, then you were testing your Internet performance, not th AP. Of course they would be similar.

That said... Yes, if you're testing two APs at 10ft using the same channel and band (both NOT on at the same time), sure they are going to perform pretty much the same. Now test them both from a distance, around corners, in a RF noisy environment. They won't be he same. Ruckus' claim to fame is resiliency in a noisy environment and density. There is no comparison between even the cheapest Ruckus AP and NetGear.

shrenik_jain_72
New Contributor II
IT Actually happened at client Location wherein client failed to notice the difference in throughpt  between Ruckus AP and other make AP . Its a straight open location and low density location . Can you advice how to showcause the Ruckus AP advantage . so that next time I am prepared to show cause some visible differences . End users are not interested in Technical jargons . they are only interested in effective throughput when compared to others. .