cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put ZF R710 in 802.3at PoE+ Mode?

hayward_kong
Contributor III
Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to put my new ZF R710 into 802.3at PoE+ Mode.  Currently, I have a new POE+ switch that I'm using which is the Linksys LGS308P. It has LLDP enabled on the switch end. Note, my ZF R710 is in standalone mode.  Is there any other configuration that I need to do either on the Linksys LGS308P or ZF R710 so I can out it into   802.3at PoE+ Mode?
39 REPLIES 39

per my SE injector mode should remove the limitations of AT mode

It might be that your AP isn't using more wattage currently as it isn't under the load to require it.

I remember reading something about the newer sg300 firmware about POE+ are you guys running the 1.4.2.04 firmware?

Yes, the problem exists also with version 1.4.2.04. There was an internal POE-FW update mentioned in the release notes, but only for the large switches (48+ Ports) which I don't own.

yes we are on SG500X 48port switch with 1.4.2.04

I upgraded to that berfore I even opened a ticket with cisco or ruckus and posting on here

I just reread the release notes for it and I don't see anything about POE+ in it.
do you have a link to the internal FW download?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/release_notes/R_1_4_2_RN.pdf
See page 8: "Software version 1.4.2.04 includes upgraded firmware to the PoE controller". Only the large switches are affected.