cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you monitor an AP connected to vSCG from a 3rd party software like PRTG ?

frikkie_gersbac
New Contributor II
Hi , just wanted to know if anyone has successfully used PRTG and SNMP to get ruckus AP status down ?

i am using vSCG 3.4.1 and all my AP connect via different internet subnets and locations. my company has not invested in SCI yet and i am tasked to manage and maintain the up time and status of all AP. we use PRTG and wanted to know if it is possible to collect this trap from the Controller ? 

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

peter_riederer_
Contributor
Hi Frikkie,

we also use PRTG, you can use SNMP Sensors to monitor APs and also the Controlloer. Also just enter PRTG Server in vSCG as Syslog-Server and put a Syslog Sensor in PRTG for your Controller. e.g. I dont know how many APs you got, but you also can add each AP to PRTG using the SNMP Uptime Sensor or also PING Sensor.

Regards

Peter

frikkie_gersbac
New Contributor II
Thank you Peter, i will give it a go!  haven't got that much skill on PRTG , but now that i know it is possible i will explore. thanks again!

peter_riederer_
Contributor
you are welcome, just add your controller or AP and use auto discovery. except syslog sensor must be added manually

raazuko
New Contributor III
I am using PTRG and Cacti both,No issues till date,But what I have to do is add Individual AP SNMP to PTRG .Is there any way to pull the AP status from the vSZ SNMP itself?