cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign a static IP address to 2 devices on my network?

shailesh_patel_
New Contributor II
I have 2 devices on my network that I need to assign static IP addresses to but cannot in the devices themselves, so was wondering if there was to do this on the Zone Director or even the AP itself?

I couldn't find an option in Zone Director to reserve an IP address against a MAC address for example. 
7 REPLIES 7

Somewhere I remember we had an article on setting up DHCP server on Ubuntu Linux box too...
Setting up DHCP server on a Ubuntu Linux machine to provide option43 to Ruckus APs - https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002358

I just did an edit so it may not show up until the next 6hr Support site update...

shailesh_patel_
New Contributor II
Thanks for all your help everyone. I had no idea how difficult it would be to reserve IP addresses based on MAC address using Ruckus.

The 2 devices I have are TP Link Smart Plugs, which themselves have no option to assign static IP address on them bizarrely.

Setting up a Linux machine is a little complicated for me, so I will have to look at alternative options unfortunately.

shailesh_patel_
New Contributor II
Update: I have now turned off the DHCP server on ZD and am using another router on the same network to be the DHCP and can now reserve IP address to MAC addresses.

Thanks
Shailesh