cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timeout error while taking cluster backup

ravikant_talwar
New Contributor

hi, 

I want to take cluster backup of SZ100 to local machine. Via CLI as in gui backup option not available.

getting error "Failed to save file on tftp server. Reason Connection timeout".

I'ts a standalone tftp server, reachable from SZ. tried with different systems in same/different IP subnet. Local firewall & Antivirus also disabled.

All present in LAN, traffic not going through firewall.

No ports blocked on router, ACL not configured.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Ravi,

I have checked the pcap provided by you and can confirm port 69 is open on controller, as it is sending write request out from SZ (destination port 69) to TFTP server.

Image_ images_messages_60c0bcce8deabe3643094801_bc07d799b0e9237a6671544db64ad9d9_Capture-17fe540c-ae34-4ae0-8cf5-27bff522cf16-1829665601.PNG

After sending the write request, server is sending Ack block-0 but after that I don't see any information in the captures.

Could you confirm on what network node these captures were taken?

As a next action, we need to take capture on source and destination servers at the same time, so that we can see where traffic is dropping.

I have instructed the engineer working on the case to take capture on controller and on server side.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Syamantak,

Thanks for the reply. 

I have captured the logs on Laptop connected via Ethernet port.

I have also observed the TFTP responses, all requests are accepted still getting timeout error.

Awaiting reply from TAC team.

Regards

Ravikant Talware