cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ AP R320, R510] I can't reach unleash console when i set 2 differents VLANs

safwee_hoxphone
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a rather embarrassing problem that I can't solve.

My goal is the following: 
I want to make my Wi-Fi AP 2 SSIDs on 2 different VLANs.

I have configured the switchs (default VLAN: 1, tagged VLAN: 20, 30).
I have also configured the firewall to transmit only VLANs 20 and 30 over different IPs.
As for the access points, they broadcast one SSID under VLAN 20 and the other under VLAN 30, that's all.

I currently only access the unleashed application.

The Wi-Fi broadcasts VLANs well and the internet works when you are connected to the Wi-Fi.

But another problem occurred: I can no longer reach the unleash's console and on both SSIDs, neither one detects the AP.

The mobile application doesn't detect any of the APs either.

To put it plainly: the terminals broadcast the network but do not take an IP.

Do you have a solution for reaching the console without VLAN 1?
Is it the firewall?
Or the missing VLAN 1?
Or a configuration that is missing?

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7

matt_klouda
Contributor

Did you statically assign the IP address to your AP, or is it being pulled via DHCP? If so, which vlan is the AP interface untagged in?

In order for it to pull an IP address, it will have to be tagged in vlan 20 and 30, and untagged in the vlan you want the management IP address to be in.

Thank you for your quickly answer.

For IP, i didn't assign any static adress in AP, i just follow the wizard in my master AP.

For the VLAN, i just assign the VLAN to each SSIDs. Is there other configuration for this ?

Image_ images_messages_6037edd1417d7e5cf8c65899_d95b9a92a921aec1983abd6c969d03e8_Capturedcran20210225193149-27353c04-3e8f-49f2-925e-2edc9eb123f7-135258722.png

What is the AP attached to, an ICX?

No, this is a Netgear GS724TPP.