cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6E AX211 WIFI card keeps dropping connections

lmcginnis
New Contributor

I recently purchased 65 Dell Latitude 5540 systems which came with an Intel WIFI 6e AX211 160MHZ card.  They will not stay connected to wifi!  Had my network and wireless team check - saw no problems.  Called Dell - wasn't their faulty!  Called Intel - wasn't their fault!!!

Should the 6E card work on R610 or R650 APs?  Anyone know how to make this work????

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @lmcginnis,

Both the APs are compatible and your device should be able to connect. Could you confirm on what RUCKUS controller, AP model and firmware version your setup is running on?

Also confirm your WLAN configuration.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

lmcginnis
New Contributor

I am using the SmartZone 100 on version 5.1.2.0.302.  I know this is behind a couple of versions but I don't have the support license to update it.  AP 610 on version 5.1.2.0.373.  I have noticed that the APs will connect but have no internet.  If I reset the network adapter, then it connects and stays connected.  I don't know why it has to be reset.

When you said "will not stay connected" do you see device dropping the Wi-Fi connection entirely or just losing internet connection?

Did you check the SZ event logs for you client and findout more information?

SZ has a inbuilt utility called Troubleshooting, just go there, add the impacted client MAC address, select the APs where client may connect, and run the test. Now connect your client and see what information you can find.

Share the information from the troubleshooting utility post running the connection test.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn