cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe flaw in WPA2 - cracked

marko_teklic
New Contributor
153 REPLIES 153

If upgrade to 9.10 is free. My concern is how to get the customer to 9.10 if they have unsupported AP's like 7025. Especially as there is no longer the 7055 which was a halfway house in the respect that it was supported on older versions and spanned the gap to H500. 

I guess you will have to reach out to Ruckus when it's released on monday, if the path is not clear, and your customers are stuck on old systems.Or you have to explain your customers that they are on many-year-old systems that is simply way out of support.. and should be written off years ago.

Jakob, im curious why you say they should have been written off many years ago when you know nothing about the use case of the networks. What makes you think that a customer should upgrade their wireless infrastructure just because the manufacturer decides that they will drop support for hardware they have replaced if it is still performing the job that it was purchased to do?

If they have 7025 AP's, it was End Of Sale'd on may 31 2015, end EOL'ed nov. 30 2014.That is 3 years ago.While 'the job they were bought to perform' might still be valid, you've known for 3 years that this product is EOL.Your luck, though, is that the model is still under support for another year - have they bought support? You write: No
If Ruckus put's out upgrades for systems without valid support contracts, they are in luck - but you've gotta admit:

1: They are on 3+ year old system2: They have not bought into support
How in the world do they think they can expect support?
Anyway, they 7025 does not even, as far as I know, support 802.11r, so they flaw is not even on their system!They have to make sure the clients are updated.

Reg. 'written off'.
Here in Europe, at least, it's common practice to make sure IT equipment is written off within 3 years. You simply budget with a replacement after 3 years.You can hope not to have to spend the budget, but it's good practice to have the budget.