Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe flaw in WPA2 - cracked

marko_teklic
New Contributor
153 REPLIES 153

steven_veron
New Contributor III
I'm just surprised they didn't push it off on a VAR to fix, that's what they have been doing for support at my company 😄 

JJW2009
New Contributor III
@Michael Brado

As per your earlier statement "Note: Ruckus will provide software updates to anyone requesting them, regardless of support contract status"

Can you please explain the process of how to perform software updates on ZD's with expired contracts.  Who we may have to contact etc etc.

I have the following ZD's i'd like to upgrade when the patches are made available approx. Oct 30.
ZD 1106 9.8
ZD 1200 9.9
ZD 1200 9.13

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi All,

The WPA2 patch firmware will also be provided to customers who don't currently
have active support contracts, * but you will need to create a "Guest" account on our
Support portal.  Please do this in advance if you don't have one now.

All Guest users should to be able to access/read the Ruckus Warranty and Software
License Agreement on our Programs page for example, which is Published with Available
to Anyone status:
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/programs 

Login and test the above link, or if prompted to login, please Register with us here:
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/registration

First patch firmware will be made available on Monday (10/30/17). Thanks and best 
regards.

Hi Michael, you say that "firmware will be provided to customers who dont currently have active support contracts" but i see no mention of this in the RN's. So, for example, how would i go about applying 9.10.2 to a ZD that has expired support contract? I cant initiate the upgrade because i have an expired support entitlement file on the controller.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
ZD firmware with WPA2 patches are not restricted to Premium support accounts.  Just create a guest account on our Support site to download them.

Licensing/Entitlement that is ordinarily enforced in order to perform an upgrade on a ZD, that checks with our server, will provide No Entitlement Required
for 30 days.

All current ZD customers can take advantage of this opportunity for upgrades.

Please try an upgrade Robert, and confirm you could do so ok?  (meaning our 30 days open entitlement is working)