cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe flaw in WPA2 - cracked

marko_teklic
New Contributor
153 REPLIES 153

Patching APs against vulnerabilities is a part of a network security. I don't see Ruckus delivering.

Robert, it doesn't matter if they own the whole picture or not, they have demonstrated they don't care about ANY of it.

I think you're being a little harsh here. Yes they were late to the party with regards to an announcement vs many of the other enterprise vendors. However, they are not the only ones who are yet to release patch firmware. Cisco for example has currently only one level of controller firmware with a fix for all AP types, 8.3.130.0. All others show as TBD. If i have something in the next day or so then i will be satisfied (not happy) about the response time on firmware but i still find the delay on an announcement, especially when it didn't include a date/time for firmware release to be unacceptable.

I don't think he is too harsh here, cause the are sitting on it since july.  Yes he should blame cisco also but we are here about ruckus.  As I wrote I have some expection to an enterprise support:

1. No out of office notification if someone mails to your security contact (security@ruckuswireless.com)
   This E-mail has to go to an high priorized and monitored queue in an ticket
   system,

2. That your support people and partners would inform one or two day's before
   the public disclosure.

3. That you have the right communication for all your customers ready and put
   it in the right time on the right places (webside, newsletter, twitter...)

4. That you have your firmware fixes ready to deploy and if it is possible
   some advanced monitoring ready for this issue and for broken clients.

and nothing had happened. If they would know from the problem since yesterday we can discuss, but not sitting since months on it....

Yesterday I opened a support case about poor wifi performance after upgrading to the latest firmware. A tech promised to call me today at 3pm. Well, no call at 3pm, 4pm or 5pm. Replied to email I got (support-case@ruckuswireless.com) and guess what? Got out of office reply! I'm speechless.