Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe flaw in WPA2 - cracked

marko_teklic
New Contributor
153 REPLIES 153

mloiterman
New Contributor III
I’m sure someone is justifiying a slow response by saying that the client side must also be updated and that Apple and Google have yet to release a fix. To that person I say, provide me with free ongoing support and I will accept that answer.

I selected Ruckus because I wanted premium support when faced with these kinds of issues. I’m not getting that and we all need to pound this thread, email and call until they release a fix. This is not acceptable.

tech_support_4y
New Contributor II
Still nothing on their security page. Their response to this is a joke.
https://www.ruckuswireless.com/security

tech_support_4y
New Contributor II
If you want a chuckle then email security@ruckuswireless.com and you'll get an Out of Office reply.
Nice to know that security is handled by a single person and that they chose to go on vacation on the day that this vulnerability was to be disclosed.
Ruckus, and other vendors, have known about this vulnerability since July, and also knew well in advance about the disclosure date.

Hi All,

I will be on PTO from 14-Oct to 23-Oct would have limited accesst to emails / calls. Please expect delays in my responses.

For Security Issues: mail to security@ruckuswireless.com

For any other queries: contact Keshava.Murthy@brocade.com

Regards,

Hemant Bhatnagar

Just for kicks and grins, I found his LinkedIn...  anyone want to pester him on Vaca? https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhatnagarhemant

I had no idea that Ruckus offshored their development.  That explains SO MUCH.  Cheap bastards.  In all my experience with offshore development, there's good tech talent, but they lack a certain amount of imagination.  I don't know if that's the result of an education that values STEM above all else or if it's cultural or what, but I can really see the attitudes I've encountered with Indian devs ("well what user would do that? that makes no sense, don't worry!") being terrible with security ("who would send THAT packet?  That's crazy!  we're following the spec, go away!").