cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Cloudpath ES abandonware?

mats_lejon
New Contributor

Hello

We are using Cloudpath ES to enroll students to the eduroam university network. Mostly, it works fine, but it does not work on MacOS Big Sur.

My guess is that Apple has done some changes to increase security, and Ruckus needs to release new client packages to handle that.

As far as I can see, there are no new client packages. The newest client package, v. 5.0.1000, was released june 2020. Big Sur was released in november, and had been in beta several months before that. So, where is the update for Big Sur?

The main Cloudpath system has not been updated either, not since august 2020. That is an eternity internet time.

So I am beginning to ask myself if Cloudpath has been abandoned by Ruckus. We need to renew our Cloudpath licenses this summer, and if no updates are coming very soon, we will probably have to look for another enrollment solution.

Does anyone know anything about Ruckus future plans for Cloudpath? There is not very much to read about on this site.

Mats Lejon, Systems Engineer, University West

6 REPLIES 6

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Good question, which needs answer from Ruckus rep.!

There was just released announcement about new "white glove service" 905-PRO1-CPWG-ED1 for Cloudpath deployment. So hopefully new release will follow soon, otherwise it would be a very bad joke -- new service to implement solution solution going EOS/EOL.

It would be a shame to lose Cloudpath, as it is a great solution with very good documentation and functionality.

christopher_moh
New Contributor III

Hi Mats,

Great question!  Big Sur definitely changed how to deploy certificates on devices.  This is available in a patch if you contact support and will be available in an update due out shortly.  In the patch, you will see an update that will allow us to detect Big Sur and only present the mobileconfig option, while others can use the wizard.

However to get around this in your current release you can modify the user experience for MAC OS X to "only MobileConfig". To do this:

1. Click on Configuration

2. Click on Device Configurations

3. Click on the Device Configuration that you want to modify

4. Select the OS Settings Tab

5. Under Mac OS X Settings, click on User Experience Option

6. In "Load Preference" modify this drop down list to "Only MobileConfig"

We do have updates in Cloudpath coming shortly, please watch this space and the support page for updates!

christopher_moh
New Contributor III

Hi Mats,

I would really like to chat with you in regards to Cloudpath.  If you would like to, please feel free to send me an email at christopher.mohammed@commscope.com.  We can talk about Cloudpath and updates,  but I would like to get some feedback from you as well.

Regards,

Christopher