Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudPath - manually generate & deploy device certificate

bicky_budha
New Contributor III
Hi,
Not sure if this is possible.
We have Ruckus vSZ with Cloudpath for on-boarding wireless devices. At the moment all BYOD users goes through the Cloudpath onboarding url >> enter their AD domain credentials which launches the NetworkWizardLoader-xxxx.exe and connects the user to the relevant SSID.

We have few non-domain/Intune managed devices shared by multiple users and would like to connect them to the wireless using the device based certificate. Is there a way on Cloudpath to generate\export the certificate manually which I can install it on the devices so that it connects automatically to the wireless ?

Or please advise of there is a better solution.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thank you.
14 REPLIES 14

Would never consider using the same client cert on multiple machines. If you revoke it or it expires ... everything dies ...thats a lot of pain as the number of people using the same cert increases

Agree 100%

And another no-no is assigning certs owned by a user to headless devices  .. so that when you delete that user from cloudpath all the certs owned by them get are deleted ... and all your headless devices stop working ...

thank yo Alex.
We have bulk laptops that are shared by multiple students, is there a solution for this ?
or the only way is to join them to the domain and push EATP-TLS/Certificate via GPO. 

Did anyone actually get this to work?  I had a customer ask to be able to deploy a cert manually rather than through CP when using the internal CA and RADIUS. The issue I found was that although the cert installs and shows up in the users record, the device it does not authenticate because there isn't an enrollment record associated with the cert.