cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "forget" CloudPath wireless network in Windows 10

steve_2826525
New Contributor II
We are trying to remove an old wireless network deployed through CloudPath from our Windows 10 laptops. When anyone goes into Wi-Fi settings > "Manage known networks" and clicks to forget the network, the "Forget" button grays out but the known network is not removed. Also, if we go into properties for the network and turn off automatic connection, the setting doesn't actually change. Going back into properties shows that auto-connection is still enabled. We don't have this problem with removing networks that were not deployed through CloudPath. I can't find any CloudPath software that might be enforcing this network and its settings. Is there any way to actually remove this network?
4 REPLIES 4

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
Interesting, I haven't come across this - as I was testing some stuff with it not too long ago. I was always able to remove it manually. Have you tried netsh wlan delete profile name="YOURWIFIPROFILENAME"

steve_2826525
New Contributor II
Yes, sorry, should have mentioned. When I attempt that, I get the response "Element not found" and the network is not removed.

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
Have you tried removing the regkey? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles otherwise, what happens when you use Cloudpath to install over the top of the old, and then try to remove again?

abhi_maras
New Contributor III
I have not seen this before. This typically happens where the domain user/user does not have permissions to make network modifications. Have you tried as an admin? Also reinstall with new profile should override it or try uninstalling the Cloudpath app.