cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID & WFH ZD1200 intermittent loss of internet connectivity

trey_lutrick
New Contributor II
ZD1200 with 3x H500, R500, R600.  Since "shelter in place" orders came, my network at home has been intermittently dropping internet connections, wifi calls,etc...  Upgraded ZD1200 to 10.1.2 build 277 and no improvement.  Began to think it was AT&T 1Gb Fiber problem.  Decided to disconnect Ruckus from the AT&T Pace 5286ac gateway, turn on gateway's wifi, and the performance dramatically improved.  Fast response, no drops, etc...  Any diagnosis of the problems that I can investigate?
9 REPLIES 9

trey_lutrick
New Contributor II
Ok, so I've found something out.  I've turned down the AT&T WiFi.  Plugged in the R600, which is my main AP for the home interior living area and it's working fine.  As I plug in any of the H500 units, then the latency escalates as I browse.

And I'm getting a lot of these syslog errors...
Mar 24 16:01:38 Ruckus kernel: eth1: received packet with own address f0:b0:52:03:75:80 as source address
Mar 24 16:01:38 Ruckus kernel: eth0: received packet with own address f0:b0:52:03:75:80 as source address

still experimenting

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
What switch are you using? a quick google shows this to *POSSIBLY* be a LAG issue.

trey_lutrick
New Contributor II
I agree, just can't decipher how to resolve.  I have the 5 AP's into a Yaunley 8 port Smart POE GigE switch, which connects GigE to a 48 port unmanaged Trendnet Layer 2 GigE switch.  Both Ethernet ports on the ZD1200 connect into the Trendnet.  I then have the Trendnet plugging into my AT&T 5286ac Gateway Modem/Router, which is connected to the AT&T 1Gb Fiber ONT.

All the AP's are all DHCP and set for automatic.  I just turned off IPv6, as I've seen some IPv6 issues with Macs at work, though I doubt that is the issue.

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
Yikes. I'm able to help you with Netonix, Cisco, Arris, or Juniper. I've never even heard of Yauntley. if I had to guess, id say that Spanning tree was possibly your issue? do you have a config you can send along?

trey_lutrick
New Contributor II
Unfortunately, both switches are unmanaged.