Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector 1200 R500 and problem with Bridge DHCP "relay"

departamento_si
New Contributor III

Hello people.

Could you help us with this problem? 

We have a ZD1200 9.10.0.0 build 218 and Ruckus 500 deployed. No mesh, all AP connected directly to to network switches. No VLAN for the SSID that we use for the Bridge clients, VLAN1 default.

We have several client bridges Netgear WAC120. That are the only device that we find, capable to connect to the AP Ruckus, and the wired clients can get DHCP address from our DHCP Windows 2012.

Works only at 50%, becasue we have a lot of troubles, but can be problem of Netgear.

To test it, we bought several Wireless Bridge and Routers (using it as Bridge Of course), but we can ́t make it work for Asus, Linksys and Other Netgear Devices....

The Bridge Clients connect fine, the wired devices can ́t get the ip address, we test to put a fixed ip address, but we can ́t reach the network.

Any Sugestion? We already opened a case with support, but we need some experienced opnions.

Regards.

12 REPLIES 12

Yes.

Here are a capture.
Our DHCP are ..44.20 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5hjza1tvzx5r3m/dhcp5ghz.pcapng?dl=0

I see that In the 2.4ghz i get a DHCP ACK from the dhcp server. But on the 5ghz i inly get a "DHCP Inform"

Regards and Thanks!!!

I meant a possible capture from another laptop that is sniffing the radio. This means you need to find a laptop that can do promisuous mode which can be hard.. you might have to open a support case if possible.

Thanks! The case is opened. 

I don ́t undestand why sniff the radio.

Because the wireles client, works fine. Connecto to my Ruckus wireless system, and get ip. I can see it on my LAN. The problem are the wired clients connected to this Wireless client. If i connect on 5ghz to , the wired clients connected to the Wireless clients doesn ́t get ip from DHCP....

ZD----->R500------wireless-----OTHERBRAND_Bridge/WClient-----WIRED_client(NOT_GET_IP)