cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone Director 3000

manuel_osorio
New Contributor II
Several need to connect to my AP ZoneDirector 3000 but are in different locations.
As I do.
5 REPLIES 5

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Hi Manuel,

I don't understand your question. Can you clarify? Do you have remote Access Points that need to connect to a centralized ZoneDirector? Or users at remote sites that need to connect to the administrative interface of the ZoneDirector?

regards,

manuel_osorio
New Contributor II
Access Points that I need you or centralizen administered by the Zone Manager.

That are located in different cities.

manuel_osorio
New Contributor II
my question is that I have some APs are in different locations and I want to connect them to a ZoneDirector that is located in a different locations from the APs, How can I connect them together??? Imagine that are some APs in different subnets that I want to connect to a ZD that are in a different subnet as well.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hi Manuel,

My understanding is THAT you have "one" ZD in a central location and got AP's in different location. You want the AP's to be managed by ZD in central location.

If above is what you are looking at then i must state that it is a common deployment scenario and very easy to do.

How we do it:

run the command in AP CLI - set director ip (x.x.x.x) where x.x.x.x is the Ip address of the Zone Director and after applying this command, reboot the AP.

Above command is used by AP when it needs to cross L3 boundaries, as long there is a route between ZD and AP. this should work.

Please make sure on both sides router/firewall you have LWAPP port numbers 12222 and 12223 open.

Refer to below doc for more on this from PDF page 23 - https://support.ruckuswireless.com/do...