cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF7731 and ChannelFly

miroslav_hadari
New Contributor II
Hi,

Does 7731 automatically changes channels when there is interference on current channel and channel with better signal exists? Does it use ChannelFly?

Firmware version 9.2.0.0.168.

I see in CLI there is command channelfly mtbc, when I use it I get:

rkscli: get channelfly mtbc wlan1
wlan1 mtbc: 100
OK

And this value can be changed, so the command is usable.

I know that SmartSelect works only on power up or when manually triggered, but most of Point-to-Point equipment (even the cheaper ones) have possibilities to automatically scan the channels and change them as interference changes.

This would basically be ChannelFly, does 7731 have that possibility?

And can you please post release notes for firmware 9.2.0.0.168 for ZF7731 I can't seem to find it?
8 REPLIES 8

shannon_klose
New Contributor II
I am having multiple issues with links locking up. They are running this 168 firmware. A reboot fixes this problem but it looks like interference is the cause. It is starting to get a little annoying. Any option of turning on DFS?

Shouldn't DFS be turned on by default?

ramprakash
New Contributor III
Shannon, I would request to contact our support team as commands are available which will auto reboot the unit when link is down hence no manual intervention.
What is the cause of this lockup would be known by looking at support files right after link drops or lock ups.

Please open a ticket at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/

regards

Ramprakash

ravi_teja_56418
New Contributor
Shannon,

As Ram informed,please run the below commands at the cli mode of bridges which will auto reboot the unit by Itself when link is down without any manual intervention.

Root Bridge

rkscli: set uplink-recovery sta-link-down-init-time 60
rkscli: set uplink-recovery sta-link-down-reboot-time 60
rkscli: set uplink-recovery no-sta-link-reboot-time 60
rkscli: set uplink-recovery ap-exp-assoc 1
rkscli: set uplink-recovery sta-mia-reboot-time 60

Non Root Bridge

rkscli: set uplink-recovery sta-link-down-init-time 60
rkscli: set uplink-recovery sta-link-down-reboot-time 60
rkscli: set uplink-recovery no-sta-link-reboot-time 60

This will force the NBR or RB to automatically recover the connection within 60 seconds if the radio (hardware level) does not, software will force a reconnect. Execute the commands and monitor the link for the next couple of days.

If still have any Issues I recommend you to open a ticket at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/ where one of our guy's will help you to fix the Issue.

All the best.