cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF7363 Radio 2 cannot set to 5G band after FW upgrade

timer_ho
New Contributor II
I try to upgrade my ZF7363 with new FW. After upgrade, the admin web page just see radio 1 and radio 2 instead of radio 2.4G and radio 5G, and radio cannot set radio2 to 5G band (it's mean 5G never work any more). Can anyone have idea what happened and how to fix it? Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Hi Timer Ho,

I think if you are running supported software version then that should not take the second radio unless there is a hardware issue or something went wrong somewhere.

I suggest that you perform a hard reset on this AP to see if it helps. If you still don't get the 5ghz radio back then AP is gone bad. RMA is the next step.

Somewhere in this forum similar issue was reported which got sorted after reset.

I think the reason why you see ZF7942 when you are using ZF7363 is that hardware platform could be same.

My 2 cents.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I've tried hard reset, but 5G radio still not go back. 5G radio is work as nornal before I upgrade FW, so that I don't think there is HW issue on the AP..

Monnat's idea about some model of APs showing another model in the sw image output of the support info is correct. The underlying platform is the same for some similar model APs. A 7372 shows 7352, R700 shows 7982 in sw image output for example.

pavel_karpenkov
New Contributor II
Hello. I have tha same problem. Somebody have image or link for especially zf7363-u AP?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Timer Ho, Pavel K, what version of firmware are you running now on your 7363?
Do you have 7363 AP, or 7363-u (usb) model APs? What do you see if you try
to configure your 5G radio SSIDs?