cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1200 not being seen on network

max_c_kgjsqoib0
New Contributor II
Hi all,
We have a site that uses R500 APs and a ZD1200 to manage then in a mesh config.
The APs cannot see the ZD1200 and we cannot see it on the network so we are left with no WiFi system currently. I have checked the cabling against a known good site and everything looks correct.
I have bounced the APs and the ZD1200 multiple times to no avail. The lights on the ZD1200 are all good too like it doesn't see any issues.
I checked to see if it reverted back to default also but that came to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Hi,
Yes all tested. OK noted about puTTy, guessing there are commands out there to view logs which I can find. Yes can ping all the APs but not the ZD. IP scanner doesnt see the ZD either which makes me think that its dead.
Yeah all rebooted.
Cheers

So if you plug direct onto the ZD with your laptop can you ping it then?  if not it have you tried to see if it has defaulted to the default IP address is believe is 192.168.0.2 admin admin.  If that doesn't work you could try the factory reset,  hope you have a backup?

Hi, Yeah I was directly plugged into the same switch as the ZD. Tested on the .2 IP and got nothing as I thought it may have defaulted. Nope, no backup to my knowledge! 
Would defaulting the device allow it to then come back to life? Currently looks fully dead to me, I've seen it before where a PSU fails but it exhibits no sign of failure and the device just doesnt work anymore for example?
Thinking of RMAing the ZD also.
Thanks

alexey_isakov
Contributor
What do you mean #mesh config#? SW ver of APs ? Pings btw APs & ZD ?

mesh - all devices broadcast 1 SSID, not sure of the SW version on the APs. APs all reply to ping ZD does not
Thanks