cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1200 Location

daniel_baker_a6
New Contributor II
I'm a complete Ruckus newbie.  I have purchased a ZD1200 and 2 ZoneFlex APs.  I am the local phone company/ISP.  We will be placing the APs in a local fairground.  I want to install the ZD1200 in my office, not in the field.  I assume this will be possible using some Managment VLANs to control the APs in the field?  I will be purchasing more APs for a campground in another area, and assume I can add those to my only ZD1200 to manage that area as well, as a different network.  Am I correct with my assumptions?  If so, please provide a quick overview how it needs to be set up to remotely control the APs.  Thanks!  I'm striking out finding this info in the userguide.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Daniel, as Ruckus doesn't do direct sales, your Value Added Reseller would be the vendor you purchased your equipment from.
You can also give your serial number to Support to look and find your reseller and what type support you have (typically Partner
support, meaning your VAR is also supposed  be your first contact with questions and to help you troubleshoot problems, or a
Premium support (twice the price) where Ruckus does first level troubleshooting, etc).  Our VARs are equally trained to assist
with design and correct equipment planning.

neil_neil_67001
New Contributor III
There's a range of videos (30 in total) on the ZoneDirector on the Ruckus Education Youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjMmx0SYp28_LpM9d2Yf3g

Check for ZoneDirector under the playlists. These will cover many of your questions, with tips on the AP and WLAN grouping the Michael suggests. If the AP's are going to connect over a WAN to the ZoneDirector, you should also drop the default MTU size.