cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does GA, GA refresh 1, GA refresh 2 mean?

jake_clemens
New Contributor II
I am getting ready to update a standalone R310 and 3 R710's to unleashed.  I see three available firmwares, labeled GA, GA refresh 1, and GA refresh 2.  What is GA?  Which one should I use?
6 REPLIES 6

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The latest version of Unleashed, version 200.7.10.102.64 is what your network upgrade will install, so you should start with the latest/greatest.
The "GA" acronym stands for General Availability, or our first release (first 2 digits), which are followed by Refresh(s), or the next MR (Maintenance Release).

jake_clemens
New Contributor II
My network upgrade fails, says "can't determine the control server IP"  so I am getting ready to do it with a local file.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
For an Unleashed network to setup correctly (any version), the APs look for a local DHCP server and def-gw.
Can you try setting up in the actual location/network you plan to use the APs?
When your network is setup, any version, and all APs recognized, you can do the Admin upgrade if/when there's Internet access.

Currently running  104.0.0.0.1347 on the R310, it is deployed and functional in the location it's being deployed in.  I am planning on adding 3 R710's and wanted to go to the unleashed platform.