cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed AP - Suddenlty Factory Reset

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Hello,

i have a strange issue which happend two times now.
A few weeks ago Customer told me that two Outdoor-Mesh-APs (T300 Unleashed) are not accessable any more.
We exchanged the APs and Customer shipped the defective APs to me.
I checked the APs. Strange Thing: APs where set to Factory Defaults. There were not defective. After configuring them they worked again without any issues.

Few days ago same issue at this Site but now with two T301s Unleashed.
T301s were not reachable anymore. Customer exchanged the APs and send me the two faulty ones.
After checking the APs, they were Factory Resetted again.

I ask me how the hack the APs can get Factory Resetted by itself?
This APs are mounted at 15m high. Nobody can reach this AP so easily to reset them.
Maybe an consequenz of an thunderstorm? Overload? Can this be possible? Or maybe a wrong grounding?

I don't really have an idea.
Maybe someone else?

Thanks.
KR
Marco
53 REPLIES 53

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
We had found another symprom.

When master ap changed to member ap or memeber ap changed to master ap, sometimes the ap is taken old master ip, then old master and new mster are conflicted ip due to have same ip.

We have met this symptom about four times on out LAB and a customer site.

The UAPs have static ip.

If this symptom was happened, the network have been unstabled.

Regards.

wopke_weening
New Contributor II
Today I received a text from the customer the AP once more fell into "configure me state" This is the 3d time in 3 weeks and the second time in 4 days. This is riducules bad service. For me It is a 4 hour drive to the customer for the 3 time in 3 weeks 😞 This time I will replace the network witch a different brand Wifi solution because I cannot explain this lack of performance anymore. Please Ruckus fix this a.s.a.p. because this is realy bad for our business.  

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
I tested UAPs all connected wired network without mesh network.

In wired network, similary and diffrerent symptom are also happend.

Regards.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
No, Stanley Zhou, T300 mesh AP cannot become Master AP.  I don't know "PK" acronym in Unleashed terms either.

Everyone needs to please open individual tickets with Tech Support, and provide your logs and network diagrams.

If this is indeed something with APs going to factory default, it needs to be tracked by Tech Support, who can open Bugs with Engineering.

Please open a ticket with Tech Support, or ask for escalation of your existing tickets if no Bug has been filed on your behalf (yet).  Thanks!

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

wopke_weening
New Contributor II
Escalation and bug fix requested with tech support 5 mins ago. Logs I provided earlier already.