cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To configure a Zone Director 1200 should I attach it to a Trunk Port on my core switch so that i can broadcast different VLANs on WIfi

george_muddu
New Contributor
To configure a Zone Director 1200 should I attach it to a Trunk Port on my core switch so that I can broadcast different VLANs  on Wifi

More so are the access points supposed to be attached on a trunk port or access port to broadcast different SSIDs with different VLANs

I have R500 and T300 and R700  with version Version 200.3.9.13.228 can they be managed by a ZD with 10.1.1.0 build 42

and how do I get the build number of the access points  and is version different from the Bundled Firmware
5 REPLIES 5

Awais
New Contributor

can you guide me for following case?

I have configured the RADUIS 192.168.11.31 on server and user will get dynamic vlan from it e.g IT=vlan 12 and finance vlan=14 accordingly. Now my dhcp is configured on 192.168.11.29 and I have configure the DCHP relay on ZD1200 respectively. My AP r510 is connected to cisco 2960 access switch and zd1200 wireless controller is also connected on same switch. when I configure the port of cisco 2960 in switchport mode access then the connectivity between controller and AP  established , but for trunk they lost communication with each other.
however when I keep the cisco switchport mode in trunk for AP to switch connectivity , the user get authenticate from AAA RADUIS fine but cannot find the dchp server. dchp is behind the firewall and before it transvers from core switch on which IP helper command is already defined for dchp.
What should I do? what would be the mode of port for connectivity between cisco switch and zd1200, cisco switch and AP r510, eth port setting within zd1200 and AP r510?keeping in mind that user should get dynamic IP from their pool 11 and 14 respectively using single SSID name.