cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Process?

charles_sprick1
New Contributor III
I've been extremely frustrated with guest wifi setup - all the docs I can find and the scattered forum posts seem to reference a world before all browsers started doing strict https certificate checks. All I want is to offer the same experience I see in national chains (Starbucks, Panera, etc.) and there's not a single up-to-date FAQ or anything here.

So I decided to open a support ticket (first one ever). My day is busy - I may or may not be available at various times, I'm a freelancer working with multiple clients.  Here's everything that is annoying me about the process.  Am I doing this wrong?

• Even though I'm signed in here when opening the ticket, I have to wait some period of time for a support agent to respond and then collect info that's already available (who am I, what's my number, what product, what serial # - this is IN MY PROFILE).
  • My question is simple - setup guest wifi w/radius auth, what is best current practice for this on Ruckus. I don't need a call, I just need a pointer to a HOWTO or if there isn't one, an email response outlining what you tell the other other customers that want guest wifi w/radius auth setup.  I'll make my config match whatever you want and then we'll go from there
  • Instead, I get an email back demanding a call. I hate the phone, I will choose text or email always. Also I can't promise I'll be available at any particular time (again, don't have to do that with email).  So I pick a range of times. I'm outside when a call w/o caller ID comes through, and I missed my chance by the time I notice there's a missed call, possibly from Ruckus.
  • Later I get an email that I've missed a call so I give another block of time.  This time the support agent ignores the phone # in the ticket, ignores the phone # in my profile, and calls the main number of the client.  They have no idea what he's talking about.  So I miss another call.  The support agent calls after the window at the correct number and I'm not here.
  • This I guess gives them license to just dump this back on me and I've not heard anything since.
Is this basically how support works?  A phone call for a simple "how to XYX" seems crazy, esp. when we're dealing with what I assume is offshore support.
10 REPLIES 10