cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Zoom Meetings

chuck_rich
New Contributor
R510s on ZD3025 running 10.2.1.0 build 183.  This is a church that is trying to run up to 12 simultaneous Zoom meetings at once down a classroom hallway.  I have 4 R510s evenly spaced down the hallway.  2 APs are broadcasting a single SSID that only the teachers connect to.  The other 2 APs broadcast other SSIDs that are meant for guest access and other purposes.  The wired network is GB to the APs with 10G fiber backbone to the core switch.  All the WLANs are in their own VLANs.  While in peak use, the wired network and dedicated internet connection for the teacher WLAN never reaches more than 30% utilization.  However, there are frequent lags and drops of zoom meetings and wifi connection drops only on the teacher WLAN.  I've tried the following:

1.  Disabled background scanning on the WLAN
2.  Disabled band balancing
3.  Disabled fast BSS transition
4.  Set the WLAN to high priority and other WLANs to Low
5.  Enabled application recognition & control and attached a Zoom app QoS policy with a video level DSCP.

APs are broadcasting 2.4 and 5 with auto channel and power settings.  RSSI has been running in the 50s and 60's.  Noise floor is around -106.  Less than 0.00 retries and drops. RF pollution is around 25.
5 REPLIES 5

itdept_head_me
Contributor
as a simple experiment..
Try NOT  spiltting the SSID.
get all the SSID on all the AP's..
might be a case of SSID switching to stronger networks. if teachers have multipe SSID from the same environment. (which them might do for coverage)
which takes  time... on switch over