cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus r510 firmware update

IacamI
New Contributor

We have 25 r510 Ap's and it looks like they have never been upgraded. Current firmware is 200.8.10.3.278 and the latest is 200.15.6.12.304. When looking at upgrade options within Ruckus Unleashed there are SIXTEEN firmware versions available before reaching the latest 200.15.6.12.304.

1. Do we need to upgrade in steps...as in oldest fw version available, one at at time, until we reach the latest and greatest? Or can we jump straight to the latest?

2. What is the down time when upgrading? If we do the upgrade, will it knock all of our clients connected wirelessly offline?

3. If we do lose access to Wi-Fi, is there a way to upgrade just one AP at a time? When looking at the upgrade option under Unleash, I do not see that option. Looks to me that all 25 AP's will be upgraded. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @IacamI 

Please find the below details:

1. Do we need to upgrade in steps...as in oldest fw version available, one at at time, until we reach the latest and greatest? Or can we jump straight to the latest?
Answer : You can directly upgrade from 200.8 to 200.15 latest version either from the Online or Local option available under Upgrade tab.

2. What is the down time when upgrading? If we do the upgrade, will it knock all of our clients connected wirelessly offline?
Answer : Since you have 25 APs, the upgrade process should complete in 30 minutes. During this time the clients will be disconnecting since there will be AP reboots and then there will be a new config push post new Master is up.

3. If we do lose access to Wi-Fi, is there a way to upgrade just one AP at a time? When looking at the upgrade option under Unleash, I do not see that option. Looks to me that all 25 AP's will be upgraded. 
Answer : Yes, you can do this via AP CLI.
But all the APs can be upgraded from the GUI.

Thank you for your reply, that is helpful.
Do you or does anyone know why our three switches are not showing "disconnected"? We haven't updated the f/w yet, and this just appeared it seems yesterday. Devices that are hardwired into the switches are still connected...however, when logging into Ruckus Unleashed all 3 show disconnected. When I select them I have the message "*Unleashed system only supports ICX firmware version 08.0.90 or later." and "ICX Switch is Connecting." I can confirm that all 3. switches are on 08.0.90.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @IacamI 

Have you upgraded the Unleashed and then you are seeing the Switches on the GUI?
If not, please upgrade the APs and then check.