cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus T300 (Unleashed) 2 APs sharing same SSID

kha_nguyen_9xhe
New Contributor
How to setup 2 Ruckus T300 (Unleashed) sharing same SSID, instead of having a Master & Standby AP mode. I would like to have both AP to broadcast at the same time due to location layout... Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5

joshua_lee1
New Contributor III
Unleashed master and standby are only used for management. Both APs will be broadcasting the SSIDs you created. Master and standby are meant that if the master disconnects, the standby becomes the controller for the AP cluster.

kha_nguyen_9xhe
New Contributor
So my understanding is that if both APs is connecting into a switch, after I create an SSID for both APs it will broadcast that same ssid? How would roaming coming into play with this configuration or is there something else that is need within the configuration?

joshua_lee1
New Contributor III
That is correct. Once you configure an SSID on the Unleashed system, it gets pushed to all APs connected. Roaming is handled by the Unleashed system. It takes the place of a controller. So instead of a controller handling clients roaming from one AP to another, the master AP acts as the controller to perform that function. No additional configurations are required as long you don't have any conflicting VLAN settings on the switch ports.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Current Unleashed code allows you to define a management IP address for all APs (1 - 25) that will always be your browser target address to reach.
It then doesn't matter which AP is acting in any role (unless you setup gateway mode), but you have failover capability, mesh if needed, etc, versus
running both APs in Solo/Standalone mode (which is what I thought you were asking for originally and would be necessary to load different firmware
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1017-zoneflex-solo-access-point-104-0-0-0-1347-ga-softwa... )

As mentioned above, from the one Unleashed management GUI, all Networks (WLAN/SSIDs) created are advertised by all Unleashed APs.