cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R710 with unleashed but showing no AP

ryan_czyzewski
New Contributor II
Hello,

I have recently purchased an R710 on Ebay ( I have about 4 of these now and 2 T710's) I've had no issues in the past configuring my AP's but this one seems to be causing me quite a bit of trouble.

I had to connect via ethernet and SSH into the R710 to be able to upgrade the firmware to unleashed.  Now that it h as been updated there are no radios active as there isn't an AP assigned to the unleashed network.

As up see the unleashed config wasn't able to setup an AP and activate the radios.

Also, the broad casting SSID is still confgure.me-xxxxx and when connected to the configure ssid it does not assign an IP address so there is no way to actually configure through it.  Which is why I had so much trouble getting into this AP at first.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c3f4135b77e2478f940e_5f016532bdeac4c4839c5971f97ecb2f_RackMultipart2020050238262yfvz-9bc2d1e5-2aac-4525-a35f-ad55e263fc84-156111259.jpg1588424018
16 REPLIES 16

ryan_czyzewski
New Contributor II
Hi Anusha,

The way I set it up is as follows.  I SSH'd into the AP and enabled Web GUI once I did this I upgraded firmware to unleashed. Even with the upgrade which I did multiple times the setup would not create SSID's other then the configure me.

ryan_czyzewski
New Contributor II
How do I reflash the AP with CLI?  I am not having any luck doing it in the unleashed Web GUI

ryan_czyzewski
New Contributor II
Update:

After factory reseting and downgrading to an older version of the Ruckus firmware it has done a property instal.  The radios are now active and are broadcasting an assigned SSID. 

I am in the process of upgrading to the latest version to make sure it all works.

Thank you for the support and I apologize for my inexperience and knowledge. This setup was filled with more trouble shooting then I am used to.

@ryan_czyzewski I am having similar issues with an R510 I'm trying to flash to Unleashed (pretty much the exact same behavior). What version of the firmware did you have to go back to in order to get a proper install?

Also having the same problem and would love to know which version you had to downgrade to.