cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R650 slave not working

Sdhn
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I want to ask I have connected to wireless router which is connected to the internet, an access point R650 unleashed version. Then I want to add another AP unleashed to, I already connected the AP to the same wireless router but the second AP is still not become slave. What should I do? 

11 REPLIES 11

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sdhn 

You can use the below command to set the IP address on the Member AP
set ip addr wan <ip> <netmask> <gateway>

Eg :
set ip addr wan 192.168.50.9 255.255.255.0 192.168.50.1

Hi sanjay,

Can you tell me where to type the command ? because I don't see where I can input a command.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sdhn 
Login to the member AP CLI (using the GUI user name and password) and then try the command.

can I set DHCP for the member AP so it will be easier if I need to add more member?

If so where can I add without using CLI? I have only 1 DHCP server which is my router.

The client AP DHCP is from that router.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Sdhn 
The Ruckus APs are by default configured to get the IP address from DHCP, if it fails then it will fall back to the default IP 192.168.0.1.

The factory defaulted AP should come up looking for the DHCP IP. Once it gets it, then you can login to the CLI and set the Master's IP (if not taken).

If the AP is already set up with a static IP and if you want to change it then you can do it from CLI using the below command
"set ipaddr wan dynamic"