Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP's - Multicast UDP stream Issues ZF7363 and R500

shaun_strydom
New Contributor III
Multicast and UDP stop streaming issues:

Hi All,

I've been having major issues with a Hotel/Property running ZF7363's and R500 AP's in the rooms. AP's need rebooting almost daily.
They have a IPTV solution that connects to the AP as there is only 1x Cat5e cable available to each room.

The Edge switches being used are HP5130 POE switches,

The Samsung TV's being used are Samsung AD690's hotel tv's. The TV's stream perfectly for a couple of hours and then the udp/multicast steams stop. I still have full bi-communication with the TV over the network, but no streams seem to pass through. Only after a ap reboot the streams start working again.

I have added a the following config onto the ZD3050 for each AP model being used.

Ruckus(config)# ap-group system default     

The AP group entry 'System Default' has been loaded. To save the AP group, type 'end' or 'exit'.

ruckus(config-apgrp)# model r500 port-setting     

ruckus(config-apgrp-port)# lan 2 qos igmp-snooping 

ruckus(config-apgrp-port)# end

and

ruckus(config-apgrp)# model zf7363 port-setting     

ruckus(config-apgrp-port)# lan 2 qos igmp-snooping 

ruckus(config-apgrp-port)# end

On the ZD controller i have configured LAN 2 to be an access port to Vlan 5 - which is the IPTV vlan.

The Controller is currently on Version

System View

Uptime= 339d 12h 53m

Model= ZD3050

Licensed APs= 200

Serial Number= xxxxxxxxxx

Version= 9.10.1.0 build 59

Some assistance will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you in Advanced,

Shaun

10 REPLIES 10

simple_user
New Contributor II

Looking for help with a similar issue, albeit residential install with Tivo estream boxes (android tv) from my local cable co. I have R500's running Unleashed 200.7.10.202.127 but can't get the estream boxes to stream. I am told maybe disabling igmp snooping but can't find anywhere in this firmware to do so. Any ideas?

The estream boxes are connected via wifi from the R500 WAPs.