cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP R500 with 104.0.0.0.1347 and ZD3050 with 9.8.3.0 Build 58

marius_negrea
New Contributor III
We have a ZD3050 with firmware 9.8.3.0 build 58 and recently purchased 40 R500 AP's with firmware 104.0.0.0.1347 but the AP's are refusing the firmware downgrade. Any idea on how to create a working situation? Upgrading the ZD is not an option since we still have more the 150 7962 AP's...
15 REPLIES 15

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Marius,

That shouldn't cause a problem, please try "get syslog log" it should shed some information for this behavior.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

dan_edwards_47o
New Contributor
Having exactly the same issue here too Marius, have you found a solution yet?

Thanks
Dan

marius_negrea
New Contributor III
Well, a long story short: the latest batches R500's contain a different chip inside which is not compatible with firmware 9.8.3.0 build 58. In my case  i was fortunate enough to have an extra ZD3050 as spare which I upgraded to 9.10.2.0 build 63 at which point the AP's behaved normally towards the ZD (firmware was downgraded to the firmware of the ZD).
Now I will open a ticket just to find out weather exist any AP's compatible with 9.8.3.0build58 because R500's are surely not...

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Marius,

Please download latest software release notes of build 9.8.3.0.58 all APs mentioned in it are supported that should resolve your qurey or answer all queries and further if needed please open a support ticket with more quries. This is something peculiar to R500s that to a batch with certain serial numbers; more information can be got through support ticket.

Thank you.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

dan_edwards_47o
New Contributor
Can confirm that 9.9.x also does not work but will give 9.10 a go and hopefully that will solve my issue too. Already had 6 R500's working fine (although did previously have a batch of 2 that came with newer firmware that required manually downgrading first but that time it worked...) and release notes still say they are supported as far as I can tell.

Was able to manually downgrade to 100.x firmware on the R500 but then when trying to downgrade further received an error that the image headers were invalid - same image that appeared to downgrade fine when on the original 104.x image