cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 510 keeps forgetting credentials

smuglar
New Contributor II

Good day

I installed 2 Ruckus R510 at a client who is now 600km away and during the installation it failed to give me access to the Access Point after setting it up. I had to physically reset it. Now I, back at the office(not at the clients site) and it allowed me access to the Access Point once then I updated it to the new Unleashed Firmware and it rebooted properly. After it rebooted I was able to login in once and then afterwards when i tried to change the SSID it wouldn't let me login after rebooting...

I don't want to travel 600km for an access point, is there anyway this can be resolved without having to physically reset the AP?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I managed to login... The unleashed login changes user from super to admin... The password was unchanged

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @smuglar 

Could you please confirm if you are getting the WebUI page for the unleashed controller ? Are you getting any error while login into the Web UI?

Please try to login into the unleashed controller CLI via SSH/Putty with same credentials which you have setup during the unleashed configuration.

From CLI you can use the command #set factory and #reboot the AP.

Hi, I managed to login... The unleashed login changes user from super to admin... The password was unchanged

Hi @smuglar 
Thank you for the update and glad to hear that the issue is sorted out.
The default credentials for the AP based on the software version are as follows:

Standalone version : User name - super, Password-sp-admin
Unleashed : Username - admin, Password-sp-admin

Please feel free to let us know if you need any assistance.

I didn't know that... This was the first time I used Ruckus APs... They need to let people know that admin is the new username after the upgrade... Its simple engineering...