cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 and downgrading ZD1200

brian_hoyt_6612
Contributor
Looking at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2687-ruckus-end-of-sale-end-of-life-product-datelines it lists specific versions that are end of support for AP but not R700. It is a little frustrating the R700 is now dropped as it was a top of the line 802.11ac AP and is still a very viable product. It is arguably better performance than other current AP.

I was surprised when I upgraded to 10.4 that is gone. Now I need to downgrade. Is there an article on the downgrade procedure?
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Brian,

If you know from what version you upgraded the ZD then you can directly downgrade and ZD will automatically restore the backup from last upgrade.

Below are the steps.

1- Make sure you know from what version you upgraded to 10.4 (keep in mind that downgrade without factory reset only works when you downgrade to very last version running on ZD).
2- Now go to support site and download the firmware file of same version(one which was running before the upgrade to 10.4).

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software?filter=73#sort=relevancy&f:@commonproducts=[ZD1200]

3- Now to go Administration >> Backup/restore >> create a new backup on 10.4 version, just in case needed.
4- Now go to Administration >> Upgrade >> choose the downloaded file for downgrade >> complete the downgrade.
5- If correct firmware version file was uploaded then system will automatically restore the last backup file. If not, then system will factory reset and you have to reconfigure it from scratch.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

shawn_williams_
New Contributor II

Yes our R700 are working just fine and this whole dropping support is frustrating. We dont have lots of clients we just have lots of area to cover and the R700 work fine for us. 

Also the document linked in my original post still hasn't been updated to show LastOS version for R700.