cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 + 9.8 = 5 GHz Radio issues?

brian_hoyt_6612
Contributor
It appears there a re significant problems with R700 5 GHz radio that have existed in code base since 9.8 was released and they continue or are even worse in 9.8.2. The radios rebooted, background scanning / channelfly doesn't work and now my clients just mysteriously drop off. For now I have disabled the 5 GHz radios on R700 to get reliable coverage which means I don't have 802.11ac of course. This is happening on all sort of devices. Has anyone else seen similar issues? I will open a case when I can troubleshoot it and not disturb clients.
24 REPLIES 24

Tech support sent me this:
" I am sorry we don't have 9.8.2.0.24 now"

Any other way to get it?

I had to get it directly from support after opening a trouble case. My experience is that it was not significantly better than build 15 which is public.

Also, I've been told by tech support that the 'fixes' in build 24 will not be included in 9.9 and that I will have to wait until 9.10. 9.10 is apparently due out perhaps as early as March.

Well I guess 9.9 is going to be very short lived, it may have been released only to get initial support for ZD1200? The updates seem to be fast but not fixing much.

scott_dean_7061
New Contributor II
Tech support believes they've discovered a very slow memory leak in the APs related to the NTP service.  We've disabled NTP time sync on the controller to eliminate this issue.

Time will tell if it truly resolves our problem.