cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R650 seems slow on Mac

bdillard
Contributor II

I have the R650's on the latest firmware.  I'm on a windows computer and they seem great but slow on a mac.   The mac is connected at Wifi 6 and mine is just a 5 year old laptop.   They have a Macbook pro M2 chip running venturea 13.01.   I'm going to speedtest.net to test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No tweaks needed here except for the usual Ruckus performance tweaks.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Administration -> Diagnostics. Then look at Events or Logs. You can also generate debug logs from this pane.

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks - no events - just reboots - I've been rebooting the POE switches as I configure them.  The reboots were not while we were testing the performance.   I just updated the firwmare again - we'll see on Friday how performance is.

So you're not seeing the client roam to another AP or disconnect?

bdillard
Contributor II

No I'll be honest - we are just setting up that office from scratch.  I don't have wifi 6 on my laptop so I asked another employee to test from his mac.   We weren't roaming - we were working in opposite cubicles.  I could see his mac show up on the AP and it had the little wifi 6 indicator.     We were both litterally directly under the AP with no line of site blockage.   

I'll be able to test more on Friday.   We'll have tons of macs on Friday and I'll bring a laptop with a wifi 6 card in it.  I know it isn't a good statistical sampling yet, I'm just trying to head it off at the pass if it is a known concern as all my other clients use Windows and I wasn't sure if Macs required any tweaks.

No tweaks needed here except for the usual Ruckus performance tweaks.