cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R600 Factory Reset Button

jason_pearcy
New Contributor III
Trying to reset an R600 with the reset button and not having luck. With previous APs holding the reset button in for a period of time reset the AP. Is the R600 different?
10 REPLIES 10

john_d
Valued Contributor II
According to the manual, it's the same. And I am sure I've reset my R600 once before using the same way. Is there a specific way it isn't working? (e.g. can't find it at 192.168.0.1? Login credentials not working?)

jason_pearcy
New Contributor III
Have two R600's that I am trying to get connected to a ZD1200. As soon as they are added to the ZD1200 they upgrade code from 100.x to 9.9.x reboot and then both R600's become unresponsive. Cannot HTTPS or SSH to the AP, nor does it respond to ping. I do see the AP sending DHCP requests to the DHCP server (via DHCP debug). 

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Hmm, that's certainly an interesting problem. Factory resets should work, but remember that if you factory reset it *while* connected to your network, it's just gonna get immediately reprovisioned by the ZD.

You should be able to double check with the AP directly connected to a computer whether or not it shows up at its default IP.

I am having same issue and I have the AP connected to my laptop.  The reset is not working.