cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP Setup Issue

nichols_taylor
New Contributor II
I'm setting up a Ruckus R510 for someone else, and following the quick setup guide hasn't worked. After plugging it into a PoE  port and directly to the computer, pulling up the default IP doesn't load. This was tried on multiple computers with different versions of windows, each time following the steps listed in the manual, including changing the IP settings.

I noticed the Configure.MeXXXXX wifi was available, and I had heard of the mobile app, so I downloaded it and tried to setup using that. This also didn't work, as it gave me the error of not having any internet. "There's no wifi symbol at the top." In my phones settings the error was repeated, saying there was no internet connection.

I found you could set it up over wifi by opening up a browser, but on computers the same problem happened, "no internet connection."

I've tried just about everything I can think of, factory resetting a couple times, using different ports, computers, etc. I'm at a loss for solutions though. Any ideas of what the problem might be or fixes?
12 REPLIES 12

Thank you this was really helpful! It looks like it's going through, and I'm sing RuckusWi packets with the right MAC address. The info on the ARP says "Who has 10.1.10.1? Tell 10.1.10.222" and the destination says Technico_fa:bb:ec

I'm not sure what that destination is supposed to be. Where should I go from here? I tried setting my IP to 10.1.10.222 and pinging 10.1.10.1, but it just timed out.

Thanks so much for your help!

so, I would completely factory reset this guy.
the 10.1.10.x seems to be setup by some other entity. also, you'd IP your computer to 10.1.10.221, and you'd put http://10.1.10.222 into a browser. the arp request you described is possibly your ruckus device at .222 asking for a gateway it believes is at .1 
Best of luck!

That worked! Thank you so much.

The physical setup for a wireless access point is pretty simple: You take it out of the box, put it on a shelf or on top of a bookcase near a network jack and a power outlet, plug in the power cable, and plug in the network cable. For example -:
Visit ap.setup or 192.168.10.1, select the language you want to use and then use admin for both username and password. Then click Log In. & begin it

Hi There,

Unleashed has different setup wizard than what you have explained above.

Default IP: 192.168.0.1/24
URL: unleashed.ruckuswireless.com
Username: Not required for initial setup
Password: Not required for initial setup

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn