cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about vSZ managing the Ruckus AP?

tien_phan_anotw
Contributor
hi buddy,

this question is not about any issue. I want to explorer how vSZ manage the Ruckus AP?

Why I question this?
My Ruckus AP already managed by vSZ on the last week, then I shutdown the Ruckus AP and move to another subnet. I thought that I need to re-configure the Ruckus AP, also register with vSZ again. But, I see the vSZ already found Ruckus AP when the Ruckus AP backs to work. 

Of course, Ruckus AP has a new IP address. 

So my question: 
How vSZ detects the new IP address (in new subnet) of Ruckus AP? and if this is right, does it right with another brand AP which managing by vSZ? 

As I know, vSZ also is managing by Mac Address of devices, so I can move Ruckus AP to everywhere, and vSZ always can detect it when it back to work (connected the internet).

Could you please help me clarify this? 
Thank you 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

Mình ở HN. Bạn có skype không , add skype mình để chia sẻ kiến thức nhé :). Mình đang tìm hiểu về ruckus.
ID: nguyenhuyhubt

paul_mcguire_20
Contributor
As long as the IP address of the VSZ does not change the AP already has that information in it’s config and when it comes online starts to communicate with the IP address of the VSZ. The discovery phase has nothing to do with the communication between AP and VSZ after the initial discovery in the beginning.

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
As mentioned, it's not the SZ that finds the AP but rather, once managed, the AP knows the IP (or ips if a cluster is used) of snartzone.

The MAC of the AP is what identifies the AP uniquely in the controller. You can change it's name, IP, etc and it will still be recognized.

SZ can't control 3rd party APs.