cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all Crome books connecting to A/P

KDSM
New Contributor III

I'm having a issue with an R710 in one classroom right now.  

I'm using Virtual Smart zone version 5.2.2.0.317.  The classroom is using Chromebooks but not all of them connect to the A/P. Only about 3 to 4 connect.  The others show on the management console with an IP address of 0.0.0.0.  But if I take that same laptop to another room, it works fine. The original A/P had failed so I replaced it.  The I found that the two network cables connecting the A/P to the switch a a fault, so I move the newly installed A/P to a single port and configured the switch to accept it.  As I said before, another computer can connect to the device.  Windows and some Chromebooks. My next move is to replace the latest one I installed to see if that will correct the issue.  Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?  I'll be swapping out the AP later today to see if that works.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

hello @KDSM 

Please confirm if this is existing setup and since when you are facing this issue ?

What is the WLAN configuration ? Is it WPA-2/PSK, 8021.X, Guest Access or Open WLAN ?

What is the VLAN ID you are using for the WLAN ? Is that WLAN is tagged and allowed on the uplink switch port ?

Is their any difference between the workings devices and non-working devices (those devices which are not getting the IP)  like, driver/models/OS version ?

Please connect the non Working device to the WLAN, then Go to the Troubleshooting option>>Enter the Device MAC address>>Select the AP on which device is connected>> Start the troubleshooting and check if DHCP offer is send via the DHCP server ?

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

Also you can try to create a TEST WLAN with the same configuration which is running on your main SSID and please try to connect those Chromebooks on the TEST WLAN.

KDSM
New Contributor III

Thanks for for your response.   I have discovered that the port I was using had port-security activated so not all computers could connect.

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

hello @KDSM 

Thank you for the response. Glad to hear that issue has been resolved.